Continuing a Legacy of Care

Welcome to Kensington Health!

Page is currently loading...

Continuing a Legacy of Care

We’re starting a new chapter – together.   

In February 2020, we set out on an ambitious journey to expand the Kensington Hospice to meet a growing need for end-of-life care. We asked our community for support in realizing a vision for creating Toronto’s most comprehensive single-site hospice, and one of the largest in Canada.  


Thank YOU for answering that call. We’re proud to say that, to-date, we’ve raised $9.1 million 

The generous support of our donors, families and health care system partners made the dream of expanding Kensington Hospice a reality. On behalf of the Kensington Health team, thank you for your commitment to community care.  

On May 23, we were fortunate to have Premier Ford, Minister of Health Sylvia Jones and MPP Robin Martin join us as guests of honour, as we officially cut the ribbon to open the expansion. 

In a heartwarming opening that brought our community together to toast this collective achievement, we celebrated the long-awaited completion of the expansion at 45 Brunswick and the renovation of 38 Major Street to bring all Kensington Hospice care under the same umbrella of excellence. 

Click here to see photos from the day.

While we’re so pleased to have completed construction on the project, we’re not done yet! Our sights continue to focus on sustainability of Hospice operations. Despite the benefits it offers, it remains underfunded with only 60% of hospice operational support by the government. The other 40% comes from philanthropy – each and every year. We will continue to work with the Ministry and other sector partners to advocate that end-of-life care gets the same support as it does at the beginning.  

Thank you for being a part of this important journey – the road towards compassionate and equitable hospice care for all looks smoother with you by our side. 



Adil Khalfan                                     Corinne Rusch-Drutz
President and CEO                         CEO 

Kensington Health                           Kensington Health Foundation   


PS If you were inspired by yesterday’s opening and wish to support Hospice care, click here.

Get more stories about Kensington Health in your inbox. Sign up for our newsletter:

Posted in Community Care, Featured, Hospice on May 26, 2023